A group of investors banded together, purchased a sizable tract of land in Byram Township, and started construction of a replica western town in the fall of 1956, even flying off to study Dodge City, Kansas, which was used as a model. Wild West City opened its doors in the spring of 1957 and has been family owned and operated since 1963 by the Stabile Family as of 2019, Wild West City is run by the Stabile- Benson Family.
To create an authentic western experience through unique storytelling which captures the hearts and minds of guests, inspiring them to disconnect from the modern world and reawaken the Spirit of the American West.
Recreating the past, into the future.
Family: We have been family run for 60+ years and you are family at Wild West City. We love what we do, look for reasons to praise not to criticize, communicate freely and respect each other.
Teamwork: If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. It doesn’t matter if your team is a 1200-pound animal or your fellow cowpoke.
Passion & Tradition: We love what we do, we want to inspire and give our whole heart to what we do. We want guests and team members to fall in love with the Cowboy way of life.
Cowboy Code of Conduct:
1. Live each day with honesty and courage.
2. Take pride in your work. Always do your best.
3. Stay curious. Study hard and learn all you can.
4. Do what has to be done and finish what you start.
5. Be tough, but fair.
6. When you make a promise, keep it.
7. Be clean in thought, word, deed, and dress.
8. Practice tolerance and understanding of others.
9. Be willing to stand up for what’s right.
10. Be an excellent steward of the land and its animals.
From Interstate Route 80 to Exit 25 (Stanhope/ Newton) Route 206 North to third traffic light and turn right onto Lackawanna Drive. Entrance is 1/2 Mile up the road on the right.